Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year's Eve!

I think my New Year's resolution should be to write a blog post at least twice a week! We'll see how that goes. We've been having internet trouble lately, so hopefully I can post this today, the last day of 2012.

We went to stay with my in-laws for Christmas, in New Mexico. Two out of three kids ended up being sick in the car on the way there. It turns out both of them were sick before we left, though we didn't know it. The youngest was only sick for a short time - some sort of stomach bug - and was fine the rest of the trip. The middle child apparently had an infection which added to her typical motion sickness, and when she didn't stop throwing up after we stopped driving, we ended up taking her to the ER (our first trip to one). She had to be rehydrated with an IV and have antibiotics. Not a fun time. But by the next morning, she was back to smiling and talking and running around. And on the trip back home, all 3 kids were perfectly healthy and happy.

Other than that, our Christmas was great! It figures - all the kids have been so healthy for the entire last year, and then 2 get sick the day we leave on a trip!

I am experimenting with typing my blog post on my tablet instead of the computer. I don't think I like it as much. The touch keypad is much harder to use than a regular keyboard, and the formatting keeps getting messed up. In fact, I think I'll switch over to the laptop before I post this and clean it up a bit.

Ah, much better! Much faster too. I guess I'll stick to blogging on a real computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment