Monday, May 30, 2011

Can you recycle brown play-do?

I bought new play-do today, since our entire stash seemed to be either brown or hard as a rock. No matter how many times I tell them to not mix the colors and to make sure the lids are on tight when they're done, no one listens to me. I give just one color to each child, but this is the one time they are glad to share, and immediately start making multi-color creations - and them smushing them together so that they are impossible to separate again. Why does every combination turn out brown so quickly? Why do they even bother selling brown play-do to begin with?

And when it's clean-up time, they're always in too much of a hurry to make sure those lids are on tight, not to mention that half of the play-do is already on the floor. I inevitably end up picking it up myself, putting the lids on, and then vacuuming up whatever is left.

So why did I buy more? Why do I keep giving it to them?

Peace and quiet.

For a good long time.

Yes, it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment